10 Best Places To Celebrate National Ice Cream Day In Central New York
How do you like your ice cream? in a cone, in a dish with sprinkles, with hot fudge, or marshmallow? It doesn't matter how you like it as long as you celebrate National Ice Cream Day which is always the third Sunday in July.
To celebrate share, your pics of you enjoying eating ice cream and use #NationalIceCreamDay.
The Ice Cream Timeline from icecream.com
- Ice cream is enjoyed by high society in the 1700's.
- First ice cream parlor opened in New York in 1776.
- In 1840 the first ice cream churn was invented.
- In 1851 the first ice cream plant was opened.
- The ice cream sundae was born in 1880.
- The waffle cone made it's appearance in 1904.
- Other than Chocolate, Vanilla, and Strawberry, Rocky Road becomes widely available flavor.
- 1984 President Ronald Reagan proclaimed July as National Ice Cream Month. and established National Ice Cream Day as the third Sunday in the month of July.
Did you know?
- The most popular topping is chocolate syrup.
- Tallest ice cream cone was over 9 feet.
- The vanilla for vanilla ice cream comes from Madagascar and Indonesia.
- 87% of Americans have ice cream in the freezer.
- A cow gives enough milk to make 2 gallons of ice cream per day or 730 gallons per year.
- It takes 3 gallons of milk to make 1 gallon of ice cream.
- 9% of milk produced in the U.S. is used to make ice cream.
- It takes about 50 licks to finish a single scoop ice cream cone.
- Brain Freeze occurs when ice cream touches the roof of your mouth.
- 1 in 10 people will lick the ice cream bowl clean.
- 1 in 5 people will share their ice cream with a pet
Take the ice cream quiz and see what flavor ice cream you would be.
Here are the 10 best places to celebrate National Ice Cream Day in Central New York:
- The Penguin - 4833 State Highway 28, Cooperstown, NY
- The Ice Cream Factory - 3412 Oneida Street, Chadwicks
- Bonomo’s - 7589 NY Route 5, Kirkland
- Nicky Doodles - 1 New Hartford Shopping Center, New Hartford
- Zem’s Ice Cream - 1Corner of Main & Hickory Streets, Canastota
- Red Door Dairy Store - 661US-20, West Winfield
- The Soda Fountain - 9698 Main Street, Remsen
- Mr. Shakes - 663 State Route 28, Richfield Springs
- Mercer’s Dairy - 13584 NY Route 12, Boonville
- Papa Rick's Snack Shack - 2005 N James St, Rome
If we missed your favorite location let us know and we'll add it!