5 Things You Didn’t Know About the Singers On Lite 98.7 – Part 1
We know you love the songs on Lite 98.7. But, do you know the stories behind the music?Here are some facts you MAY not know about the following Lite 98.7 artists, all of whom are appearing during the 2017 Great New York State Fair:
1. Taylor Dayne, born Leslie Wunderman, claims she doesn't remember how she and her management came up with her stage name, but she thinks it had something to do with a list of names in a baby book. Hey, it coulda been worse than Taylor Dayne. She coulda been Rosalind Arusha Arkadina Altalune Florence (Uma Thurman's kid) or one of these other odd celebrity baby names.
2. Goo Goo Dolls, the band from Buffalo, came up with their unique name while reading an ad in True Detective magazine for toys called Goo Goo Dolls, which were small baby puppets with nylon heads that looked like potatoes. Cabbage Patch Kids obviously had superior marketing.
3. Spin Doctors, the New York City area band, started out as Trucking Company, with John Popper, who later went on to fame with Blues Traveler.
4. UB40, the pop reggae band, whose original members were English, Irish, Jamaican, Scottish and Yemeni, got its name from the British government's Unemployment Benefit Form 40. Maybe a U.S. band should try 1040EZ.
5. 3 Doors Down, the rockers from Escatawpa, Mississippi came up with its name when the guys in the band read a sign on a door in Foley, Alabama that read "Doors Down," so they added a "3" to represent the members of the band.
Now you've got something to talk about if you go to any of these shows and meet these guys backstage.