Advance Discount Ticket Sales for 2018 New York State Fair Begin July 9
If you're attending The Great New York State Fair this year, you can get a jump on your planning. Advance ticket sales begin July 9, with a host of new discounts.
These discounts include $1 admission every day for college students with a current college ID, as well as Canadian Friendship Days, August 24-26, featuring free admission for any Canadian citizen with legal identification.
Admission tickets purchased during advance sales will cost only $6, a 40 percent discount on the $10 charge at the gate during the Fair. Admission will be just $1 on opening day, August 22 and on Labor Day, September 3. In addition, the Fair is offering Three Dollar Thursdays, in which admission is just $3 on August 23 and 30. Tickets for all of these days can be purchased on the Fair’s online site at www.etix.com starting July 9.
Presale $6 admission tickets will also be available at all Wegmans, Tops and Price Chopper stores across the state, as well as additional retail locations. Some outlets may also offer weekday ride-all-day Midway vouchers. Children 12 and under are admitted free every day of the Fair.
If you're hoping to get into the Fair for FREE, check out some of the special days:
- Family Fishing Days, on Thursday, August 23 and Sunday, August 26, presented in cooperation with the state Department of Environmental Conservation. Admission is free for anyone presenting a valid New York State hunting or fishing license at the gate. The DEC will operate free fishing clinics in the pond in the New York Experience festival grounds on those days.
- Senior Days, on Monday, August 27 and Tuesday, August 28. Admission is free for anyone age 60 or above.
- Law Enforcement Day, on Monday, August 27. Admission is free for all New York State police and correction officers with valid ID.
- Fire and Rescue Day, on Tuesday, August 28. Admission is free for all New York State fire and emergency services workers with valid ID.
- Armed Forces Day, Thursday, August 30. Admission is free for all current or retired military members with valid ID or DD-214.
- Six Nations Day, Friday, August 31. Admission is free for all members of Iroquois tribes.
- SU Football Day, Friday, August 31. Admission is $1 when wearing Syracuse University apparel, in honor of the opening football game of the season.
The New York State Fair, operated by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, runs from August 22 to September 3, 2018. The Fair's mission, reflected in its theme, "FIND YOUR GREAT," is to showcase the best of New York agriculture while providing top-quality entertainment.