Dogs Will Eat Anything Like This Dog Who Ate 111 Pennies
In Junior High School I thought I wrote a good joke. What kind of food is your spare change? Rich food. I know, I know...hey, I was seven at the time. And the thought of eating coins is not all that appetizing, unless your Jack, a 13-year-old Jack Russell who somehow managed to eat 111 pennies.
Jack's owner rushed him to the vet, where X-rays revealed a whole lotta copper and zinc coins piled up in his tummy.
The Vet managed to get all of the coins out, five at a time and, if you thought that Jack could just wait to pass them, well, it isn’t a good idea for anyone, even pooches to have coins in their belly. As reported by the FW:
Pennies minted after 1982 are made of zinc, which is toxic to pets and can destroy their kidney, liver and red blood cells. In fact, the doctor who supervised Jack’s procedure said the situation “would have been fatal” had the pennies not been taken out immediately.
And for Jack, he’s expected to be just fine.