Dramatic Changes At The NYS Fair Midway
With 75 rides and a $50 million dollar upgrade, August 25 to September 5 promises to be more thrilling than ever at the Great NYS Fair.
The new midway at the NYS Fair sits on 15 acres and is part of the $50 million project to transform the Fairgrounds. What can you expect?
- Wider aisles.
- More covered seating.
- Defined area for Kiddieland
- Electrical services are now underground making it easier for people pushing strollers or using wheelchairs or walkers.
- 8 new rides for a total of 75.
The 375-acre New York State Fairground conversion is the most notable transformation since 1890 when the fair started and include:
- A dramatic new Main Gate— the arches of which recall the carriage gate that greeted fairgoers in 1900.
- A brand new 315-site Empire RV Park with underground water, sewer, and electrical service.
- Now a multi-use facility that can attract more events and visitors from across the nation.
Agriculture.ny.gov says "We are delighted to be bringing the most guest-friendly midway yet to the Great New York State Fair. With the investment from the state in the grounds and our world-class guest amenities plus several exciting new rides, the Midway will look more like an amusement park than ever before," said Frank Zaitshik, Wade Shows CEO.