Fast Food Prices On The Rise Since 2002: Compare The Difference!
If you thought that your Big Mac costs much more than it did back in 2002, your instincts serve you well. The food has been getting smaller and the prices have been going up right under your nose. One guy did a study on this a decade ago and then did it again this year, and his findings are eye-opening!
He compared 7 fast food restaurants including the big 4 (McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s and Taco Bell) and here’s some of what his collective 11-year investigative report turned up:
- McDonald’s Filet of Fish, up 111% . . . from $1.89 to $3.99.
- Burger King small milkshake, up 101% . . . from 99 cents to $1.99.
- Burger King Double Whopper, up 94% . . . from $2.99 to $5.79.
- Burger King Whopper Value Meal, up 83% . . . from $3.39 to $6.19.
- McDonald’s Big Mac, up 75% . . . from $2.39 to $4.19.
- Wendy’s Single Cheeseburger, up 73% . . . from $2.25 to $3.89.
- Taco Bell Bean Burrito, up, 72% . . . from 69 cents to $1.19.
So, your food is getting smaller for more money and your waistline is getting larger… Sound like a perfect tradeoff to me. Maybe it’s time to spend more time at our own ovens and counters so we can spend less time on our treadmills…