Fire Extinguished In Basement Of Piggy Pat’s BBQ
Several fire companies responded to and extinguished a basement fire at Piggy Pat's BBQ in New Hartford on Tuesday evening.
Owner Pat McCann was at the scene and told WIBX he believed the fire started in the basement. By 8:00 p.m. Tuesday, fire fighters were satisfied the blaze was out, but there was concern about lingering smoke and some of the business' contents in the basement. McCann said for safety reasons, he hadn't yet been allowed back into the restaurant.
Piggy Pat's is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. It is not yet known was sparked the blaze, McCann said.
The extent of the damage is not yet known, however, there was no visible damage to the outside of the building.