Freezing Rain Advisory Issued For Central New York
The National Weather Service in Binghamton has issued a Freezing Rain Advisory which is in effect from 6AM to 10PM on Tuesday for Central New York. Here's the full details:
* LOCATIONS...Oneida, Otsego, Delaware and Sullivan counties in Central New York.
* ICE ACCUMULATIONS...Mostly less than 0.1 inches, with locally 0.1 to 0.25 inches over the higher elevations.
* TIMING...Light freezing rain and sleet will slowly develop this morning, mainly after 9am. Temperatures will gradually rise above freezing this afternoon, but at least patches of freezing rain will continue in the higher elevations until 10pm.
* IMPACTS...Untreated surfaces will become slippery.
* TEMPERATURES...In the upper 20's to lower 30's.
Remember, a Freezing Rain Advisory means that periods of freezing rain or freezing drizzle will cause travel on the roads to be difficult. Be prepared for icy slippery roads, slow down and use caution.