Homemade Prosciutto Pasta
When it comes to cooking everyone is on a crunch for time and the last thing anyone wants to do after a long day is spend a lot of time over the stove when you could be relaxing. There are a number of recipes that you can throw together in a few minutes and one of my favorites is actually one that I picked up on in college, Prosciutto Pasta.
Prosciutto Pasta is actually a very quick recipe that is also fairly cheap to make with fresh ingredients. The final dish is something fresh, healthy and great for the whole family.
1 – 12 Oz Package of Bowtie Pasta
1 – Bulb of Garlic
1 – 6 Oz Package of Baby Spinach
.25 – Cup of Olive Oil
0.5lb of sliced Prosciutto
- Bring water to boil and add pasta. You can also add some freshly shredded basil to the water for some extra flavor.
- Taking 3-4 cloves of garlic, thinly slice and begin to fry with some olive oil until semi-translucent.
- Shred the prosciutto slices into smaller pieces and add to olive oil and garlic. Cook to season.
- Drain the pasta and then add the prosciutto ingredients and the baby spinach, stir.
- Plate and add Parmesan cheese to top.
The total time for this dish is only about 15-20min and serves 4.
To add a little more zest you can add some lemon juice to the mix or even a bit of seasoning. This is a quick and tasty base dish that you can modify to suit your tastes and it won’t break your wallet.