How Is This CNY Town Not One Of New York’s ‘Most Beautiful’?
Hard to believe you could come up with New York State's Most Beautiful Towns and leave charming Central New York locales, including Clinton and Cooperstown (pictured) off the list. But, that's exactly what a recent article in NewYorkUpstate.com did.
Of course it's all just one man's opinion. Chuck D'Imperio, a contributing writer for New York Upstate, recently published his "baker's dozen list of small communities I would put in my travel journal" and came up with ZERO Central New York towns. Maybe he's never been here. Northern New York is represented in the Adirondacks, as is Western New York, the Finger Lakes region, the Hudson Valley, the Catskills, the Capital Region, and more...but nothing in CNY.
Come on, man. Someone should write a letter to Mr. D'Imperio, even though there ARE some great spots on his list:
- Hudson (home of Spotty Dogs Books and Ale)
- Seneca Falls (inspiration for the classic film "It's a Wonderful Life")
- Hammondsport (the Finger Lakes spot was once named "the Coolest Town in America")
- Albion (between Rochester and Niagara Falls, home of the Cobblestone Society Museum)
- Ballston Spa (near Saratoga, home of the National Bottle Museum)
- Saranac Lake (just five miles from Lake Placid)
So...what Central New York or Mohawk Valley towns should be on the list?