I Love My Parks Day Comes to Utica Parks
New York State Parks is holding a state-wide volunteer project this Saturday for "I Love My Parks Day". There will be a number of events at parks around the area, and the Central New York Conservancy will be hosting the event in Utica.
Taking care of Utica's 600 acres of park is no small task, and the Conservancy is looking for volunteers to assist. Where will this work be taking place? According to Peter C. Falzarine of the Conservancy:
We will specifically focus on the Main Entrance to the Utica Zoo in Roscoe Conkling Park. That area, along with the stretch of Roscoe Conkling that runs along the Parkway to Valley View, will receive lots of attention. (Central New York Conservancy)
The clean-up will take place rain or shine, Saturday, May 6, 2017 from 10am-2pm. You can find out how to volunteer at their Facebook page.
Some of the other volunteer clean-up activities this Saturday are at the following parks:
- Oriskany Battlefield State Historic Site (10am-1pm)
- Fort Stanwix National Monument (10am-1pm)
- Delta Lake State Park (10am-12pm)
- Pixley Falls State Park (10am-12pm)
- Rome Sand Plains (10am-1pm)
- Old Erie Canal State Park, Oneida (9am-11am)
- Verona Beach State Park (9am-12pm)
- Glimmerglass State Park (9am-1pm)
Do you love our New York State parks? Will you be helping out?