Important Items to Keep in Your Car When It’s Cold [VIDEO]
There is no feeling worse than walking out to your vehicle after work in the cold and realizing that your battery has died. If you are fortunate to have your own jumper cables you're in luck. If not, then you have to hope a co-worker does. Keeping this possibility in mind, here is a list of important items to keep in your vehicle when it's freezing out.
Don't Leave Home Without These:
- Jumper Cables
- Gloves - That's why they have 'glove compartments'
- Shovel - In case your car gets stuck somewhere)
- Rock Salt - In case your car gets stuck somewhere)
- Bottled Water - If it doesn't freeze, it will be helpful if you get stuck in a Thruway traffic jam.
- Extra Sweatshirt, Jackets, and other Winter Clothing
- Snacks - Again, you never know!
- Ice Scraper
- First Aid Kit
- Flashlight and Batteries
These are just a few of the things to consider keeping handy in case of a snow or cold emergency. It's always better to be safe than sorry. If you worry these items may clutter up in your car, then simply get a rubbermaid tote or something similar and keep it all in that and store it in your trunk. You won't regret it. Learn from my mistake and be proactive.