New Year’s Eve Hangover? Try These Simple Cures For Relief
Did you party all night last night to welcome in 2013? Now you’re probably paying the price, with an aching head and a stomach that is feeling a bit queasy. Read on to find some simple things that will provide some relief.
Try some of these hangover cures from Discovery Fit and Health to get some relief from having one drink too many last night!
1. Drink lots and lots of water. Other than time, water is the best cure for a hangover. You are dehydrated and need plenty of water, so drink up.
2. Drink juice. The best choice is freshly squeezed orange juice, unless you have an upset stomach. If that’s the case, stick with apple juice.
3. Put something cold on your forehead. Either run cold water on a washcloth and put that on your forehead or put some crushed ice in a bag, wrap it in a towel and apply it to your head.
4. Eat bananas. You’ve lost plenty of potassium while you were drunk and running to the bathroom and bananas will help to replenish what you’ve lost.
5. Drink sports drinks, which help replace fluids, glucose and electrolytes.
6. Eat mild foods, like toast, soup or rice. Even if you’re not very hungry, get some food in your stomach and stick with easy to digest foods and get some energy.
What’s your go-to hangover cure?