Ice Cream Road Trip – NY Has An Ice Cream Trail
That's right, adding to the growing popularity of beer and wine trails, and even cheese trails, New York State now has an ice cream trail that will take you on a beautiful road trip through the Adirondack Mountains.
The folks over at OnlyInYourState.com came up with the ice cream trail that begins in Speculator and ends in Queensbury, near Glens Falls.
The trip takes about 5 hours to drive, so its possible to make the whole trail in a day, but we don't recommend eating that much ice cream in 5 hours.
What a perfect excuse to take your time.
Here's the list of ice cream stores you'll visit on the trail:
- Lakeside Licks - Speculator - a great stop to make if you're camping at nearby Indian Lake or Moffit's Beach
- Skyline - Tupper Lake - stop and grab a cone to cool down after playing in the trees at the Adirondack Wild Center's Wild Walk
- The Cone Cabin - Lake Clear - if you're bringing along your kayak or canoe, Lake Clear is a beautiful place to paddle
- Donnelly's Soft Ice Cream - Saranac Lake
- Mountian Mist Custard - Saranac Lake - you can cross both of these locations off your list all while exploring Saranac Lake's cozy downtown.
- Emma's Lake Placid Creamery - Lake Placid - take a hike through High Falls Gorge, or take a bobsled ride and visit the famous 'Miracle On Ice' arena
- Wind-Chill Factory - Ticonderoga - enjoy a tasty treat after touring the historic Fort Ticonderoga or explore nearby Mt. Defiance
- Main Street Ice Cream Parlor - Chestertown - hike nearby Crane Mtn. or maybe spend the night 'Glamping' just a few miles down the road at Camp Orenda
- Martha's Dandy Cream - Queensbury the perfect place to take the family for a cone after a visit to Great Escape or a lazy river ride at Tubby Tubes.
With all the attrctoins and sightseeing around these ice cream stops, it might take you more than one day to complete the trip, but don't forget the sweet sweet reward at every stop!
You can see a fully interactive version of the trail map at Google.com/maps.
When you head into the Adirondack Park this summer for your adventures, don't forget to add the Ice Cream Trail to your list of stops. Your inner child will thank you.