Our Dog Sings Better Than Yours: Best Of Beth & Dave
All these dogs are getting prime-time minutes of fame on YouTube, so this week was our dog's turn, plus there was a thoughtful rumination on prom season, a half-baked theory on Taylor Swift, a local moron making headlines, and a spider horning in on my territory.
Just click above for the audio highlights of The Best Of Beth & Dave for the week of April 23, 2018 and/or follow the notes below for an idea of what Central New York radio audiences were fed on Lite 98.7 the last few days.
1. Your Momma Must Be So Proud, our award-winning feature at 8:15 daily, gave us a beauty this week from just down the New York State Thruway, about halfway between Utica and Albany.
2. Prom season is here, so we played audio clips from Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson and a high school girl who invited him to her big dance, then divulged OUR dream prom dates. My choice didn't go over very well.
3. Another Taylor Swift nut-job appeared this week. I floated a theory about that and Beth found it difficult to refute.
4. Our dog sang happy birthday to Beth. We compared the audio of Nikki's performance to another dog's singing, and the jury's still out on a winner.
5. They say you're never more than a few feet away from a spider. Beth proved that factoid correct with a story of a close encounter.