Products Drugstores Mark Up The Most
In a world where we are trying to save pennies every where, you may try shopping at a drug store instead of a big chain grocery store to save a few bucks. Drugstores are convenient to shop at, but they can also cost you a lot of money if you’re not careful.
Here’s a rundown from WalletPop.com of some products that are marked up in a big way by drugstores:
- Antacid Tablets, Pain Relievers and Vitamins- Markup: 399 percent
- Greeting Cards- Markup: 150 percent to 200 percent
- Hair Accessories- Markup: 75 percent
- Toys- Markup: 50 to 60 percent
- Cosmetics- Markup: 50 to 60 percent