Quick and Easy Easter Peep Popcorn Treats [Sponsored Content]
Easter Peep Popcorn is a colorful and easy treat to make and include in the kids' Easter baskets. The fact that you get to melt down a whole bunch of Peeps is just a bonus.
You can grab everything you need right at your local Kinney Drugs, so you don't even have to fight the crowds at the grocery store - and you can grab all the rest of your Easter needs while you're there, too.
EASY EASTER PEEP POPCORN
1 bag microwave popcorn (natural kind - no butter)
1 cup white chocolate chips
20 peeps - any one color
1 cup of Easter candy - whatever you prefer
1 TBS butter or cooking spray
1. Pop popcorn according to directions, and spread out on parchment lined tray. You could also cooking spray the inside of a large bowl and place the popcorn in there.
2. Melt butter and peeps in a saucepan, stirring constantly.
3. While the Peeps are melting, melt white chocolate chips in the microwave, in 30 second increments until pour-able.
4. Once chip are melted, and Peeps are smooth and melted, work quickly to pour the Peeps over the popcorn, and then the white chocolate. Mix with a spatula sprayed with cooking spray. Mix in candies.
5. You can either form the Peep popcorn into balls, or spread it flat, and then break or cut into pieces.
The result is a brightly colored, sweet and crunchy Easter treat for the kids. Enjoy!