Six Lazy Ways To Shed Pounds
I was skimming through eatingwell.com and I found some dieting tips for a lazy guy like me.
Discover 6 ways to slim down without much effort.
1) Take a Multivitamin: Taking a daily multivitamin may actually aid weight loss. Several studies have shown that dieters who take a multivitamin either lose more weight or feel less hungry. Nutrition experts think that when you’re low on certain vitamins and minerals your appetite revs up, encouraging you to eat more and replenish those missing nutrients.
2) Weigh Yourself: When you’re keeping track of your weight, you’re more likely to notice if you go up a pound or two…and not let the number keep going up.
3) Start Your Meal With A Soup Or Salad: Soups and salads have something in common: they have lots of water and fiber which fill you up. Starting your meal with a broth-based soup or veggie-packed salad can keep you from overindulging in higher-calorie foods later on. In fact, starting your meal with a side salad may make you eat 12 percent fewer calories at that meal according to research.
4) Eat Breakfast: Research shows that people who are most successful at losing weight-and keeping it off-tend to eat breakfast every single day. Certain breakfast foods may even help you lose weight.
5) Drink Water Before You Eat: When you feel hungry drink water before eating. It’s an easy diet tip that has some research to back it up. A 2010 study in the journal Obesity found that adults who drank two cups of water before a meal ate less at the meal and lost more weight.
6) Buy Vegetables/Fruit: Buy vegetables already prepped-bagged lettuce, baby carrots, cut-up vegetables and fruit. Having these healthy foods ready to go will make it easy to choose them when you’re hungry and ready for a meal or snack.