If You Think Central New York Weather Is Bad – It Could Always Be Worse
Sure, it feels like spring takes forever to get here and summer is just too short, but other places around the country are dealing with the most ridiculous weather right now.
I wanted to share with you something I stumbled upon. So, long story short, I have a weird obsession with the weather, whether it's looking at record temperatures in our area from year's past, trying to find where the hottest spot in our country is going to be for a certain week, or anything tornado related. Many times, when I'm getting weather together for when I'm on-air, I start looking at other weather conditions around the country.
...No idea. It's just what I like to do. While doing this today (like any other day), I saw all the warnings and watches all over the country on the National Weather Service's homepage. Something is definitely brewing in the middle and western part of the United States.
I noticed there were many "Winter Weather Advisories" across the plains (and of course was thinking, "Oh come on! Not this crap again!"). Out of randomness, I clicked on one of the counties that happened to have a "Winter Weather Advisory."
It was somewhere near the area of Broken Bow, Nebraska. And if I lived there, I'm pretty sure I would be absolutely DONE with the weather! Seriously. We may complain about the warm weather, then having it get cold again, and the fact that we just want some sunshine and normal temperatures, but Mother Nature really has lost her mind in the plains for this week.
Here's Broken Bow, Nebraska's forecast according to the National Weather Service:
TodaySunny, with a high near 70. East wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.TonightA slight chance of rain before 11pm, then a chance of rain after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. Breezy, with an east wind 15 to 20 mph becoming north after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.FridayRain likely before 4pm, then rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 33 by 5pm. Windy, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to 25 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.Friday NightSnow. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow, mainly after 10pm. Low around 23. Very windy, with a north wind 35 to 40 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.SaturdayA 50 percent chance of snow. Widespread blowing snow, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 30. Very windy, with a north northwest wind 30 to 40 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph.
From 70-degrees today to 30 on Saturday. It's sunny, you feel like spring is in full-swing, and then you get hit with snow and cold temperatures. Ouch.
Granted, we've seen weather like this in our area, and had to deal with huge temperature swings. But luckily, that's not the case for us right now. Right now, we're just hoping the temperatures will get warmer and the sun will come out for a little while. Unfortunately, it looks like we have quite a few days of rain in the forecast. But April showers bring May flowers, right?!
Hopefully the weather will start cooperating, and we'll have a fantastic summer this year!