Ten Tips For Getting Rid Of A Cold Faster
So many of us have been sick here at the radio station with colds. We seem to be passing the same cold around again and again. So when I saw a list of ten ways to get rid of a cold, I thought I’d pass it along to you in case you’re dealing with a never ending cold too!
Today is day ten of my cold. I am more than ready to try these tips, some of which I already do. These are not in any special order.
1. Get those zzzzzzz’s. Sleep is the best medicine so get as much rest as you can.
2. Exercise. Probably the last thing you want to do is hit the gym or take a walk. However, getting some exercise will help your immune system and helps the body get rid of toxins.
3. Start steaming. Take a hot shower. Put a warm compress over your eyes. Steam helps to loosen mucus.
4. Stack up those pillows. When you go to bed, prop yourself up with some extra pillows. It’ll help your nasal passages to drain better.
5. Make time for tea. Just like a hot, steaming shower, a hot cup of tea will help loosen mucus and soothe your sore throat.
6. Increase your vitamin C. Drink some orange juice or take vitamin.
7. Avoid sweets. Sugar can decrease the productivity of the immune system so skip it while you’re sick.
8. Pamper your nose with moisturizing tissues. Need I say more?
9. Skip dairy products. Dairy products make phlegm in your throat thicker, which is exactly what you don’t need when you have a cold.
10. Add some spice to your life. Eat some spicy foods to help clear up your sinuses.