Test Your St. Patty’s Day Smarts!
Test your knowledge of St. Patrick's Day (facts) with this challenging St. Patrick's Day trivia quiz courtesy of Yahoo.com. There are a total of 12 trivia questions. Answers to the St. Patrick's Day fact trivia can be found at the end of the quiz.
1. St. Patrick's Day originated from which European country.
a) Great Britain b) Scotland c) Ireland d) France e) Italy
2. St. Patrick's Day is observed in the month of
a) February b) March c) April d) May e) None of the above
3. What symbol is inherently associated with St. Patrick's Day?
a) The Leprechaun b) A harp c) Triskele d) The Claddagh e) Shamrock
4. The longest-running St. Patrick's Day parade in the United States takes place in which city.
a) New York City b) Chicago c) Boston d) Philadelphia e) Buffalo (NY)
5. Who was St. Patrick (the person the holiday was named after)?
a) An Irish revolutionary b) A popular Irish president c) The patron saint of Ireland d) A Christian martyr e) A mythical figure
6. What year did St. Patrick's Day officially become a national holiday in Ireland?
a) 1903 b) 1913 c) 1923 d) 1893 e) 1793
7. The color that is most identified with St. Patrick's Day is
a) Green b) Red c) Blue d) Purple e) White
8. St. Patrick's Day was previously known as
a) Green Day b) Irish Day c) Ireland's Independence Day d) St. Paddy's Day e) No other name
9. Saint Patrick was known for performing which of these acts.
a) Drive away demons b) Banish dangerous animals c) Revive the dead
10. The traditional food of St. Patrick's Day is
a) Cabbage b) Corned beef c) Irish stew d) Potato pancake e) a and b
11. The largest St. Patrick's Day parade is held in which American city.
a) Chicago b) New York c) Philadelphia d) Boston e) Cleveland
12. True or False. Saint Patrick was not an Irish by birth.
1)c 2)b 3)e 4)c 5)c 6)a 7)a 8)d 9)b 10)e 11)b 12)True
Expert - more than 10 correct
Intermediate - 8 to 10 correct
Novice - less than 8 correct