The Most Popular Times Of The Year For Breakups
Do breakups happen at certain times of the year? Of course they do! Want to know the times?
Breakups tend to spike at certain times during the year. If you watch Facebook relationship statuses you can definitely see the pattern.
Here’s some insight, from Marie Claire’s “Sex & the Single Guy” blog:
- Valentine’s Day: It’s the most romantic day of the year, but it’s also when expectations are high and women dump their boyfriends who drop the ball.
- Spring Break: When temperatures start warming up, people start wearing less and hormones start kicking in, it’s tough to be in a relationship.
- April Fool’s Day: Do people just think the other person won’t expect it on that day?
- Summer: It’s a playful time of year. It’s warm; there’s a desire to be free. Also, people go on vacation and possibly end up cheating, which could lead to a break-up.
- Two weeks before the holiday season. Breaking up with someone can be cruel, but it’s way worse if you do it during the actual holiday season. So, if you must end a relationship, it makes sense to get it over with before the holiday season starts.
And the time with lowest number of breakups? Christmas: Really — who would dump someone on Christmas?!
Have you ever been dumped at a really bad time? What were the circumstances?
(Photo by Broken Heart/Facebook)