These 5 Items Should Be In Your Medicine Chest
We do a good job making sure we have what we need should a household emergency pop up. We’ll be sure to have an adequate supply of prescribed medications on hand, but what about the over-the-counter medicines? What should we keep in our medicine chests to treat every day common ailments? Here is what the experts say:
1) Acetaminophen or ibuprofen, better known as Tylenol or Advil. Keep these on hand to treat pain and reduce a fever.
2) An antacid like Tums or Rolaids to relieve heartburn. If it’s severe heartburn, you may have acid reflux so ask your pharmacist for a recommendation.
3) A general antibiotic cream, like as Neosporin or neomycin. Before putting a band-aid on it, apply this to treat cuts and scrapes.
4) An antihistamine, like Benadryl or Clariton to treat allergic reactions and for colds and runny noses. These can help relieve the symptoms of allergies.
5) Eye-drops. Any brand will do for flushing foreign objects out of the eye.