Time Saving Tips To Save Money On Your Energy Bill
As the month of November comes to a close soon, the temps are going to start dropping even more. We know what that means. Up goes the thermostat and your energy bill. There are some things you can do to lower your energy costs and it won’t take you much time at all to do them.
These ten energy saver tips are courtesy of National Grid.
1. Make sure your furnace air filter is clean.
2. Wash your laundry in cold water.
3. Keep you water temperature set at 120 degrees.
4. Keep your thermostat at 68 degrees.
5. Pull the shades down and close the curtains at night.
6. Put away those window air conditioners for the winter.
7. Keep the chimney flue shut.
8. Any electronics you aren’t using, simply unplug them.
9. Try to use direct sunlight to heat rooms.
10. Put storm windows on your house.