Tips For Surviving Your High School Reunion
This summer you may be attending the dreaded High school reunion. These reunions give us a lot of things to stress out about: weight, hairstyle, bank accounts. It’s almost like being back in high school. But you don’t need to freak out about your outfit, as long as you follow a few simple rules:
Here are the simple rules from The Wall Street Journal:
- “It’s better to wear something comfortable from your existing wardrobe than something new that might be stiff or make you more self-conscious because you haven’t test-driven it.
- If you’ve put on some pounds since school, go for tonal combinations, like a violet with a pale lavender. Yes, you can go for slimming black, but all black is too dull – liven it up with a bright accessory or blouse.
- Don’t be overly concerned with the latest trend, but clothes should at least nod to current fashions – and not look back to your high school days. Hot colors this season include cobalt, marine and electric blue.
- If you’re going with a spouse, don’t wear matching or closely coordinated outfits. The man should always dress more subtly than the woman he is with, no matter whose reunion it is.
- The worst offenses? For a guy, wearing clothes that are clearly a size or two too small. For some women, picking an outfit that shows off, shall we say, “cosmetic enhancements.”
What else should be on the list?