Top 5 New York Pumpkin Beers For Fall
5) Pumking from the Southern Tier Brewing Company
Many have reviewed Pumking as one of the best in the state. Beer reviewers explain that it has a brandy-like finish, and smells sweet and spiced. However, the spices aren't over powering. The smell alone will take you back to your childhood.
4) Blue Point Pumpkin Ale from the Blue Point Brewing Company
This beer has come in at number 4 on our list. Reviewers say this brew has faint fall spices on the nose but not overly done like some beers. When you start to drink Pumpkin Ale, you start with a crisp and clean start with a rush of pumpkin and spice notes on the finish.
3) Saranac Pumpkin Ale from the F.X. Matt Brewery
If you want a pumpkin beer that taste similar to pumpkin pie, Saranac Pumpkin Ale should be your top choice. The recipe is made with a blend of cinnamon, allspice, cloves and ginger. Saranac uses round 3,000 pounds of actual pumpkins to brew this recipe.
2) Splashing Pumpkin from the Great South Bay Brewery
1) Southampton Pumpkin Ale from the Southampton Publick House
With a 5.5% alcohol by volume, Southampton Pumpkin Ale came in at number one. The spice isn't over powering, and it all blends together nicely. This beer pours with a clear golden-amber color and is topped with a lightly off-white foam.
BONUS VIDEO- APPLES VS PUMPKIN?