Ways You Can Observe Memorial Day And Honor Those Who Gave The Ultimate Sacrifice
Memorial Day means more than big sales, picnics, grilling on the back deck, going on vacation or spending free time at home. USMemorialDay.com has some suggestions on ways to observe Memorial Day and honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.
Memorial Day, otherwise known as Decoration Day, honors those who’ve died in military service to our country. It’s been around since the Civil War. Here are some ways to properly observe Memorial Day:
1. Take part in the “National Moment of Remembrance” at 3pm to stop and think about the real meaning of the day.
2. Visit memorials, whether here in Central New York or wherever you plan to spend the holiday.
3. Fly our flag at half-staff until noon.
4. Visit a cemetery and leave a flag or some flowers at the grave of a soldier.
5. Fly the flag and the POW/MIA flag too.
6. Help the families of fallen soldiers and give aid to veterans, especially those who are disabled.
To all we’ve served, thank you for your sacrifice. We’re here today because of you.