What Has National Grid Done To Prepare For Hurricane Sandy
Utica, NY (WIBX) – With high wind gusts expected to knock out power to several areas of central New York, officials with National Grid say they have activated their storm emergency plan and taken several steps to prepare for storm outages.
According to officials with the power company, those steps include:
- Contacting our contractors with whom we regularly work for storm support
- Calling in extra crews; pre-staging crews and materials to areas anticipated to be most severely impacted
- Preparing to implement our incident command system to coordinate preparation and restoration efforts throughout the event
- Continuous monitoring of the storm and positioning our resources to best respond to storm outages
- Identifying low-lying, flood-prone areas and natural gas facilities for monitoring and potential isolation
- Ensuring that key areas such as operations and customer call centers are appropriately staffed
- Provide public updates when necessary and continue to stay in contact with local and state emergency and public safety officials.