What You Shouldn’t Do During An Interview
Job interviews can be extremely stressful. You sit there, answer questions, you’re your answers do good so you can get the job. It’s only natural that sometimes we do the wrong things in these interviews. According to a new survey from CareerBuilder.com, plenty of people do dumb things during job interviews and here are the results.
The number one thing managers hate during job interviews is when people answer their cell phone or text. Do you want the job? Perhaps take five minutes off from the phone and Facebook. Just never answer a cell phone during a job interview, that easy. Turn it off!
Here’s some of the survey results:
- 71 percent of managers said they’ve seen and been annoyed when an interviewee answered a call during an interview.
- 69 percent said the applicant dressed inappropriately
- Another 69 percent said applicants appeared disinterested
- 66 percent were on the lookout for interviewees who appeared arrogant
Other things you shouldn’t do during an interview:
- Speak negatively about a current or previous employer (63 percent do)
- Chew gum (59 percent do)
- Not provide specific answers (35 percent o)
- Not ask good questions (32 percent do)
The ChicagoBreakingBusiness.com has the full story online with some more tips.
What are some other tips you may have?