Woof Stock 2018: a Weekend of Peace, Paws and Music
Everyone's heard of Woodstock, the famous three-day festival of music and peace that changed the world in 1969, and which has been reconstituted numerous times over the years, including big plans for a 50th reunion festival.
Another smaller off-shoot occurred close to Central New York the first weekend of June, 2018. An Adirondack Woof Stock took place June 2-3 in Chestertown, New York, situated just off I-87 (the Northway), about halfway between Lake George and Schroon Lake. Billed as a Weekend of Peace, Paws and Music, the festival brought together people and pets with a lot of pet-centric activities.
The Tri-Lakes Alliance website highlighted a bunch of the fun:
- Dock Diving with the North American Diving Dogs
- Try a Barn Hunt (let your dog find the mice!)
- Doggie Fun Zone’s Agility and Lure Chasing Course
- Live music, food and vendors – all day, both days!
- K-9 Police Demonstrations
- The Blessing of the Animals with Father John
- Adopt a pet from Adirondack Save-A-Stray and North Shore Animal League
Folks (and pets) were encouraged to wear tie dye clothing. The whole thing could be enjoyed for only a $1 donation, and it was only about 100 miles from the Mohawk Valley. Did you go?