Worst Toys Of Our Childhood
This morning while shoveling the mountain of snow, my sister and her boy friend were reflecting on childhood TV shows. We grew up watching Gullah Gullah Island. On this show it featured Binyah Binyah the Polliwog. We couldn’t figure out why people weren’t scared.
Binyah Binyah was a big yellow polliwog who danced around town. No one was frightened by a 400 pound, 6 foot polliwog. But anyways it made me start to reflect on toys from my youth and yours.
A good toy provides hours of endless entertainment. But, as we all sometimes expectations don’t live up to reality.
Here’s a rundown from Guyism.com of some of the stupidest toys of all time:
- Pogo Ball- While the idea of a pogo ball may sound good on paper, anyone who owned one as a kid knows it was totally lame in real life. It was tough to bounce on and never seemed to bounce very high.
- Dancing Hamsters- Not only are these things boring, they’re truly annoying. Life’s too short to spend any time watching a little hamster singing “Kung Fu Fighting.”
- Oopsie Daisy Doll- It’s a mystery why anyone would want a doll that wets itself. Any parent will tell you that changing diapers is a pain.
- Chia Pet- Amazingly Chia Pets have remained on store shelves for almost 20 years. I don’t see how this is a toy but it’s on the list.
- Pet Rock- The grand prize winner here. You’re buying a rock
Now I’ll add some gems to this list, feel free to add some too:
Furby- who wouldn’t wan an alien puppet that sings and makes noise? They were just like Dancing Hamsters in my book!
Nestle Wonder Ball- Whose brilliant idea was it to make a chocolate ball candy, with a prize on the inside? Your child had to put this ball in their mouth until the prize came out. I wonder how many kids choked on this, just seems dangerous.
What else should we add?
For your entertainment!