10 Things You Didn’t Know About Beth and Dave
We are so excited to be joining the morning show on Lite 98.7. While Dave has been in radio in Central New York for a (really) long time, I (Beth) am relatively new to broadcasting. We both may be new to you.
To help you get to know us a little bit better, here are 10 things you probably didn't know about us.
1. Dave's real name is Layton Davis, but everyone calls him Dave -- even his mother.
2. I have a complicated past with playground equipment: I had my tooth knocked out by a seesaw, got a fat lip from a swing and a friction burn from a slide. I also broke my ankle playing chase.
3. Dave once played professional soccer. He was a goalie for the Buffalo Stallions and the Rochester Flash.
4. My first pet was a cat named Pepsi. She got that name because she was found stuck in a soda machine.
5. Dave and I had our first date at Nola's in Clinton. I paid for the meal because I lost a bet about cilantro and coriander. (Listen to the show, I'm sure that story will come up.)
6. My hair is naturally curly. I totally hated it when I was younger and even cut it into a mullet (OMG) when I was in high school.
7. Dave once had a job writing trivia questions on Dixie cups. Yes, that's a real job. It explains why he has so many random facts stuck in his head.
8. I grew up in Brooklyn, New York. If you listen closely, you'll hear traces of my Brooklyn accent sneak out, especially if something ticks me off.
9. Dave's pinky fingers are curved inwards. He was just born that way.
10. I once broke my foot running for an eggplant parmigiana sandwich. I still went and got it out of the microwave, and then sat down on the couch and ate it while my foot turned black and blue.
We're looking forward to getting to know our listeners, too. Make sure you connect with Lite 98.7 on Facebook or through our Lite 98.7 app. Send us a message and tell us something about you.