5 Reasons Why You Should Definitely Go to the Utica Zoo’s ‘Brewfest’ This Year
The Utica Zoo's Brewfest is coming up! If you haven't been to this fantastic event before, we have a few reasons why we think you should check it out this year...
1. Try a Variety of Local Craft Beer All in One Spot: There will be over 100 different craft beers to sample at this year's Brewfest. This gives you the opportunity to try something new from a brewery you haven't gotten a chance to visit yet. Maybe you always wanted to make your way over to Fulton Chain Brewery, but haven't yet. Well, now you can try one of their creations at Brewfest! There's also beers from breweries in different states like Founders (from Michigan), Brewdog (from Ohio), and a handful of others.
There will also be hard ciders available, as well as a few booths with different wines to sample.
2. You Get to Enjoy Live Music and Food While Sampling Beer: Who doesn't love live music?! And free food?! All while you're enjoying a few adult beverages?? Sounds like a great evening, doesn't it? China Pig and Soup Bone Charlie will be performing during the event and there will be delicious food samples for everyone to enjoy. There will also be complimentary water and soda.
3. You'll Be Helping Out the Utica Zoo Just By Showing Up: Brewfest is the Utica Zoo's biggest fundraiser of the year. But it doesn't feel like a fundraiser, it just feels like a fun night out with craft beer, food, music, and of course, the animals. But this event is very important to keep the zoo up and running and help them continue their efforts of education and conservation. There will be a silent auction during Brewfest if you would like to help out more. The silent auction takes place inside the zoo's auditorium and will have a plethora of goodies from electronics to jewelry to lawn equipment, and everything in between.
4. You Get to Drink and Visit the Animals at the Same Time: There's just something about enjoying an alcoholic beverage while standing in front of the lion exhibit at the zoo. Or sipping on a glass of wine while watching the Red Pandas run and play. You can't usually get beer or wine at the Utica Zoo so it makes it a special event. And the fact that you're at the zoo at a time when it's normally closed just adds to the uniqueness of this event.
5. You Can Do a Little Shopping If You Want: Alright so you get to drink, you get to groove to some live music, you get to enjoy some snacks, and you get to visit your favorite animals at the zoo. But you also can do a little shopping, too! What more could you ask for?! There will be a handful of vendors on site with a variety of items. Make sure you keep an eye out for the booth that usually has chocolate-covered bacon and other treats.
The 20th Annual Brewfest is a week from this Saturday - August 4th, and goes from 6pm to 9pm. Tickets are still available for this fun event. Cost is $40 in advance and $45 at the door (If you're a Utica Zoo Member, tickets are $35 in advance and $40 at the door). Designated driver tickets are available as well, for $25. According to the Utica Zoo, you can get your tickets at:
[The] Utica Zoo Gift Shop, 16 Stone Brewing, Beer Belly Bob’s, Beer Here, Chanatry’s, Copper City Brewery, Fulton Chain Brewery, Gems Along the Mohawk, Marcy Discount Beverage, Saranac Brewery Shop, & Woodland Brewery
You can also get your tickets online by visiting: UticaZoo.org/Brew
Oh yeah, and if you're one of the first 3,000 guests through the gates, you'll also get a commemorative Utica Zoo Brewfest pint glass, so you don't want to be late to the event. We hope to see you there!