‘Cell Phones for Soldiers’ Gives Troops Free Calls Home
One of the most important things for a soldier deployed overseas is constant contact and communication with their family and loved ones. It may be the only relief they have from the stress and trauma of being in combat or in difficult situations. That is why Senator Joe Griffo and AT&T are teaming up with "Cell Phones for Soldiers."
It's easy to help this cause. All you have to do is collect your old and unwanted cell phones and tablets. Your donated technological items will be sold to purchase calling cards for our troops to call home for the holidays. You can make your donations at the following locations:
- New Hartford Shopping Center - 120 Genesee Street, New Hartford
- Chanatry's Hometown Market - 485 French Road, Utica
- Jervis Public Library - 613 North Washington Street, Rome
- Vernon Downs Casino Hotel - 4229 Stuhlman Road, Vernon
- New York State Office Building, 2nd Floor Lobby - 207 Genesee Street, Utica
- AT&T Stores at 4777 Commercial Drive, New Hartford/224 N. Genesee Street, Utica/1319 Erie Boulevard, Rome/220 Genesee Street, Oneida
You have until Monday, December 7th, 2015 to make your donations. How rewarding is it to know that you helped a brave man or woman talk to their children, parents, or siblings this Christmas? Hats off to AT&T and Senator Griffo for teaming up with a great organization to do this for our service men & women.