Clinton Arena Makes Final 5 for AHL Lighting Upgrade
There have been more than 100,000 votes from across the country for the American Hockey League's lighting upgrade giveaway. They are now down to the final 5 rinks, and voting has begun to determine the winner.
The AHL has teamed up with Eaton, a power management company, to award an energy efficient LED sports lighting system (worth $50,000) to a community ice rink in one of their AHL markets. Essays were written and voting started. They narrowed it down 10 semi-finalists, and now down to 5 finalists:
- Clinton Arena/Edward Stanley Recreation Center, Clinton, NY (Utica Comets)
- Sunbury Ice Skating Rink & Community Center, Sunbury, PA (Hershey Bears)
- Beaver Dam Family Center Ice Arena, Beaver Dam, WI (Milwaukee Admirals)
- Oak Park Ice Arena, Stockton, CA (Stockton Heat)
- Riverview Ice House, Rockford, IL (Rockford IceHogs)
What could a $50,000 LED lighting upgrade mean for Clinton Arena? We already know that LED lights are much more energy efficient and can reduce the rink's lighting costs. But they also give off a lot less heat, making it easier to keep the ice frozen. According to Eaton,
A typical energy-efficient LED lighting solution can reduce overall energy costs (electricity + maintenance) by 70% percent. (Eaton/Ephesus)
So let's help the Clinton Arena win these lighting upgrades. Tell everyone you know to head over to LightLikeThePros.com to vote today.