CNY’s 9 Most Heartwarming Stories of 2017
The weather might be cold, but these stories will keep you warm. From an inspirational athlete to random acts of kindness, CNY showed a lot of heart in 2017.
Let's take a look back at some of the most inspiring stories from this year.
- Vietnam Veteran Gets a Free Meal at Utica Denny's It's a heartwarming story of a woman wanting to do something special for a veteran that came into Denny's while she and her family were eating.
- Two Brookfield Boys Go Out of Their Way to Help Their Neighbors During winter storm Stella, two young boys went around shoveling the walkways of neighbors.
- New Hartford Man Shares Story of Rescue from Arterial Flooding Shaun Brennan had to be rescued from his vehicle as floodwaters rose, trapping him inside. Fortunately, the Utica Fire Department came to his rescue.
- Veteran Inspires at The Boilermaker A woman manning a water station saw the final Boilermaker runner come by, and she was moved by what she saw. The runner - a Veteran - was struggling to run on his prosthetic leg.
- A Snow Cone and A Dream: Young New Hartford Entrepreneur Gives Back Thomas Pfisterer was at a friend's graduation party when he noticed no one was manning the rented snow cone machine. The New Hartford teen stepped up to crush the ice and squirt the sugary syrup...and an entrepreneur was born.
- Bouckville Bakery Pays it Forward with Random Acts of Kindness Door At the Buttercup Bakery in Bouckville, customers are inspired to do something nice for their neighbors.
- Romantic McDonald's Love Story Comes Full Circle in Rome One couple celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary by visiting the very McDonald's where they met.
- Rome Bus Driver Goes the Extra Mile to Return Lost Item When a Rome teen lost his wallet, he'd thought he'd never see it again. That might have happened if it weren't' for one kind bus driver.
- Act of Kindness Changes Completely Changes Day for a Struggling CNY Mom You never what people are going through. One CNY mom was really dealing with a lot when a CNY man did something incredibly kind, that changed her whole day.
What do you think? Is there a more inspiring story that didn't make this list? Let us know.