How To Deal With The Office Bully
Bullying isn't just for the playground, bullies exist all over. They can be found all over the workplace, and if you have a bully, it can make you miserable. Having a bully can add stress to your job and make you enjoy work less. Here are some tips from the Huffington Post on how to deal with a big bad work bully:Don't get emotional.
- Don't blame yourself. This isn't your fault and you aren't doing anything wrong. This is happening to you because of something within the bully. It says nothing about your performance on the job.
- Do your best work. Make sure you stay on top of everything at work. Make this bully have to really search hard to find something to criticize you about.
- Build a support network. Build strong relationships with your other co-workers and hope the bully doesn't get them to dislike you.
- Document everything. Keep track of everything that happens with this bully. If it comes to the point where HR needs to get involved, you are covered with proof of the things that happened.
- Seek help. Get someone to help you during this time. HR may be good, but you really have to be careful with the things you tell them.
- Get counseling. Talk this problem out with someone who can help you keep your stress levels down.
- Stay healthy. Keep up your health outside of work and it will help you feel better when you are dealing with your problems in the office. Sleep, eat healthy foods, and work out.
- Educate yourself. Learn all you can about bullying situations at work and how to deal with them, whether it be with HR or a lawyer.
- Don't expect to change the bully. You can't fix the bully's problems. Worry about yourself and try to figure out a way to solve the problem with the least amount of trouble possible.
What are some other tips you may have?