The High Price Of Being A Bridesmaid
My sister Sara must have been so excited that my oldest sister Heather asked her to be a bridesmaid! Unfortunately, soon after the excitement wears off, she will realize how much this is going to cost her. I’ll stick to DJing.
The cost of being a bridesmaid is ridiculously high. According to WeddingChannel.com, bridesmaids may end up paying $1,695 or more on a wedding. They arrived at this number by tallying up the different costs a bridesmaid is likely to incur for the wedding.
Here’s what was included in their calculations according to Yahoo Shine:
- Engagement gift: $50
- Travel to bridal shower: $300
- Contribution to bridal shower: $50
- Shower gift: $50
- Travel to bachelorette party: $300
- Contribution to bachelorette party: $60
- Bridesmaid dress: $150 (on the cheaper side)
- Alterations: $50
- Lingerie: $50
- Shoes: $75
- Accessories: $60
- Wedding gift: $100
- Travel to wedding: $300
- Hair, nails, make-up: $100
Jeepers. I’m so thankful I’m a guy, life is so easy.