23 Things You’ll Only Understand if You’re From Central New York
There are certain things you only really understand if you're Central New York. Tomato pie, we're looking at you.
Central New York isn't like anywhere else in the United States - we've got some really unique things going on that you can only really get if you're from here (or maybe lived here a really long time).
Things You'll Only Understand If You're From Central New York
- Third Winter a.k.a. Sprinter - the winter that sticks around when it should be over
- Utica Greens
- Upside Down Pizza
- Having all 4 seasons in 1 week
- Potholes that will eat your car
- Trinkaus Manor
- The Mills
- Boilermaker weekend
- The Erie Canal vs. The Barge Canal
- Utica Club
- FX Matt Brewery
- Chicken riggies
- Rainbow and his guitar
- Half moons (are NOT black and white cookies)
- High taxes (hello, 8.75% sales tax Oneida County)
- Salt potatoes
- The giant watering can
- Traffic stopped by cows, horses, or geese
- Riverside Mall
Did we leave anything off this list? What?