Best Mini Golf Courses near Utica
Mini Golf is a great family activity! It seems like there used to be a lot more mini golf courses in the area. Weather and all kinds of other activities might have hurt business locally. But there are still some fun courses, sure to keep the whole family occupied this summer.
- Gold Rush Miniature Golf - Route 233, Westmoreland. They've been open for over 20 years and keep adding crazy new obstacles. It features a wild mix of themes - from Astronauts to John Wayne and anything else they can come up with to give your family a real fun adventure. The Westmoreland location is now open, but the Sylvan Beach course will be opening soon.
- Mini Falls Miniature Golf and Footgolf - Maynard Dr, Marcy. Another really fun course that's been around for quite some time. They added "Footgolf" a couple years ago and it's a completely different experience. It does require a little more energy than mini golf, but it's still perfect for both young and old. Mini Falls is now open for the 2017 season.
- Friendly Putt Putt - Rome-New London Rd, Rome. This well maintained course just opened a couple years ago and is already becoming a local favorite. Great food, and an excellent place for birthday parties! They haven't announced their opening date for this year, but it should be soon.
- Bonomo's Dari Creme - Route 5, Kirkland. The Byrne Dairy just up the road from Bonomo's used to be a legendary local mini golf course - Glauca Maura. It's long since gone, but you might just spot some of their "vintage" obstacles living a new life. How convenient - awesome ice cream, great food, and a quick round of mini golf!
- Fairmount Glen - Onondaga Rd, Syracuse. They call themselves "The Augusta National of Mini Golf" and there are lots of reasons why. This course is impeccably manicured with exciting and challenging obstacles. It may be a little bit farther away than our other local favorites, but it's worth the trip. They've been doing it right for over 65 years!
There are a few other mini golf courses in the area - a couple in Old Forge, and others scattered around Central New York's small towns. Let us know some of your favorites and we'll add them to the list.