Grab Your Family and ‘Soar’ Off To Balloonfest This Weekend
There are some things that I consider to be a staple to summer: the New York State Fair, Enchanted Forest Water Safari, planning weekend getaways with my friends. One thing that's coming up this weekend that is included in that list is Jamesville Balloonfest!
In case you aren't familiar with what Ballonfest is, let me enlighten you. From Friday to Sunday, it's a weekend of hot air balloons, musical entertainment, arts, crafts, food, beverages and more! And the best part about it all is that it's free to attend!
You also have the opportunity to go up into the sky in a balloon! Balloon Rides are available on any of the 5 flights throughout the weekend, June 22nd-June 24th according to the Balloonfest website If you'd like to take part, time is running out: they stop taking reservations tomorrow, June 21st at 9pm.
To reserve a ride, email SYRballoonfest@gmail.com, reservations are strongly recommended. Evening rides sell out quickly.
- Info needed: Name, phone number, email address, number of people, total weight of passengers, flight day & time requested
- Rides are available Friday, Saturday, Sunday evenings (6:30pm approximately) and Saturday & Sunday mornings (5:30 am) during the event
- Champagne (non-alcoholic beverage available) upon landing and a ride back to the park are included in price
- All balloon flight times are approximate and are dependent upon calm (wind under 10 mph) and unthreatening weather conditions.
- Cash only, due at the time of the flight. An ATM is located at the festival.
- What to wear- passengers should dress for the temperature that day and please NO FLIP FLOPS or SANDALS. Please wear shoes or boots and a baseball cap or hat is always recommended.
- Children fly at the discretion of the pilot. Please note, those under 43" tall may not be able to see over the top of the basket, are not allowed to be picked up and may be afraid of the noise from the burner.
Also, new this year, they are having a car show from 1-5pm on Sunday featuring a bunch of classic cars, muscle cars, rat rods and more!
With everything that Balloonfest has to offer, you're guaranteed to have a great time - there's something for everyone! And it's also just really an awesome sight to see all of the balloons in the air. It's not something that you see every day.