Lake Effect Snow And Wind Chill Advisories For CNY Today 2/28
No relief in sight as more winter weather loom this morning. A Lake Effect Snow Advisory and Wind Chill Advisory in effect today. We could see as much as 9 inches of snow and wind chill 25 below. Click for details.
The National Weather Service says the Lake Effect Snow Advisory continues until 1 this afternoon and the wind chill advisory is in effect until 9 this morning.
* LOCATIONS...ONEIDA...MADISON...AND ONONDAGA COUNTIES IN
CENTRAL NEW YORK.
* HAZARDS...LAKE-EFFECT SNOW...BLOWING SNOW...AND BITTERLY COLD
* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW TOTALS OF 4 TO 9 INCHES BY MIDDAY. THE
GREATEST AMOUNTS...UP CLOSER TO 9 INCHES...WILL BE OVER WESTERN
ONEIDA COUNTY...BETWEEN CAMDEN AND SYLVAN BEACH...FAR NORTHERN
MADISON COUNTY...NORTH OF THE THRUWAY...AND FAR NORTHERN
ONONDAGA COUNTY...FROM NEAR BALDWINSVILLE...OVER TO BREWERTON AND CICERO CENTER.
* TIMING...LAKE-EFFECT SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH EARLY THIS
MORNING...BEFORE DIMINISHING BETWEEN 8 AND 11 AM. THE SNOW BAND
WILL WEAKEN FURTHER...AND LIFT NORTH OF THE REGION BY EARLY
* WIND CHILL READINGS...AS LOW AS 15 TO 24 BELOW.
* WINDS...WEST 5 TO 15 MPH...WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 MPH.
* TEMPERATURES...5 BELOW TO 5 ABOVE EARLY THIS MORNING...SLOWLY RISING TO NEAR 10 DEGREES BY MIDDAY.
Get the latest weather updates here.
SOURCE: National Weather Service