Relationship Advice From Movies
The Academy Awards are this Sunday if you haven’t heard 20,000 times by now! It will be hosted by Anne Hathaway and James Franco. Last year had a lot of different movies that spotlighted different forms of love. What did we learn from them?
YourTango.com took some 2010 movies and gleaned relationship advice from them. Check it out:
- Scott Pilgrim v. The World: Don't become a prisoner to the past; all that matters is that the person you're with is with you now.
- Greenberg: When someone is hurtful, recognize they're going through their own pain. We only hurt the ones we love ...
- The Social Network: Communication is everything, so try not to get so self-involved.
- The Kids Are All Right: Always see your partner for who they really are, and don't take them for granted.
- Toy Story 3: Love is more important than material things, so don't worry about status symbols.
- Love And Other Drugs: Being direct about what you want is sometimes the best way to go.
- Blue Valentine: You can only change so much to satisfy someone else, and if that fails it's time to move on.
- Chloe: If you're with someone, even if it's just one date, try to see the good in them and they'll reciprocate.
- Easy A: A little chivalry goes a long way, gentlemen.
What movie best describes your love life right now?