Veterans Day 2013-An Opportunity To Thank America’s Heroes In Six Easy Ways
Monday November 11th is Veterans Day. What a great opportunity for each of us to thank America’s heroes. Doing so isn’t hard and if you’re willing to make the time, you can make a big difference in the life of a veteran.What does Veterans Day mean to you? Banks closed, no mail, big sales at the mall or a day off from work? While of all those things are part of what happens on Veterans Day, let’s not lose sight of why we have this day. It’s to honor those who’ve served our country in the military, both past and present. Those who sacrifice to keep us free.
What can you do to thank a veteran for their service? Here are a few ideas:
1. Send a card or a note to veterans living in veteran’s homes or to hospitalized veterans.
2. Visit a veterans home or hospital and thank them for their service and sacrifice for our country.
3. Attend a Veterans Day ceremony. The list of events happening in Central New York for Veterans day.
4. Donate to veteran’s organizations, such as the USO, The Wounded Warrior Project, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America or Fisher House.
5. Send cards or packages to our military serving overseas in Afghanistan. They mean so much, especially around the holidays.
6. Thank a soldier. See one in a restaurant or at the mall? Thank them for their service. It will make you both feel good.
Thank you veterans for all you’ve done and all you continue to do.