2017 Herkimer County Rabies Clinic Vaccination Schedule
It's the time of year again when our furry friends spend more time outdoors, and that means it's also rabies vaccination time. Here's the schedule of rabies clinics in Herkimer County.
Herkimer County Public Health is reminding anyone with pets that all dogs, cats and ferrets older than 3 months must have a rabies vaccination, even if they stay indoors.
All dogs and cats need two vaccinations one year apart and then one every three years.
Here's the Herkimer County schedule:
- June 7 - 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 Norway Community Center, 3114 Military Road, Norway
- June 14 - 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 Ilion-Frankfort VFW Pavilion, 4274 Acme Road, Frankfort
- July 13 - 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 East Herkimer Fire Department, 193 Main Road, East Herkimer
- August 31 - 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 Salisbury Fire Department 2549 State Rt 29, Salisbury Center
- September 7 - 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 Cedarville Fire Department 960 State Rt 51, Cedarville
- October 5 - 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 Little Falls Town Garage 478 Flint Ave. Extension, Little Falls
- November 4 - 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 East Herkimer Fire Department, 193 Main Road, East Herkimer
Some additional information from the Herkimer County Public Health Office:
- All pet owners should bring your pet's vaccination records to get a three year certificate.
- Ferrets have to be vaccinated every year.
- Dogs should be on a leash and cats and ferrets should be in a carrier.
- To help speed the clinic along, there will be no exams given.
- Owners are responsible for cleaning up after your pets.
To help offset costs of the clinics, a $5 donation is suggested.