7 New Food Creations At The New York State Fair
The New York State Fair always has new food options that push the envelope, see what's getting all the attention this year.
Well, we already know about The Heart Attack, The Coronary, and Palpations from Fair’s New “Fantastic Food” Contest. If you missed it, you could find it here.
Looking for something new Fair food to try this year? There are lots of choices including some new vegan options. We'll take the Hot Beef Sunday, a side of Kool-aid Pickles with a non-milk milkshake, and for dessert some Deep-Fried Pop Tarts, please.
- Gilligan’s Ice Cream’s beer, wine and cider ice cream, available in the New York Wine, Beer and Spirits area on the Colonnade;
- New vegan items at Strong Hearts Cafe in the International Building, including their take on the iconic sausage sandwich, a Buffalo Philly cheesesteak and Korean BBQ sandwich using wheat gluten, a special new non-milk milkshake especially for the Fair, and more;
- Stuffed French toast at the Tikki Turtle;
- Daniella’s Steakhouse’s take on the iconic Hot Beef Sunday: The Tenderloin Tip Sundae, featuring tips, onions, and mushrooms over mashed potatoes, topped with demi-glace and onion straws;
- Kool-aid Pickles at Tommy C’s;
- Deep-fried Pop Tarts at Tootsie’s Fried Dough;
- Hofmann maple sausage at the New York State Maple Producers’ booth in the Horticulture Building.
Fairgoers can use the Fair’s online Food and Merchandise Finder to find specific vendors or search for types of food.