Carvers Needed For the 3rd Annual ‘Great Utica Pumpkin Carve’
Carvers are needed for the 3rd Annual Greater Utica Pumpkin Carve at Murnane Field.
The more carvers the better for this event. Carvers are judged in these categories:
- Best Overall - A clean carving with a high degree of detail using a combination of most skillfully carved, artistry in design & best use of pumpkin shape & size – best carving skills.
- Most Halloween - Includes all traditional Halloween‐themed designs ~ jack‐o‐lanterns, ghosts, goblins, witches, etc.
- Best Use of Pumpkin - Pumpkins that have been carved to their fullest. Using pumpkin pieces changes the shape of the pumpkin!
- Best Student Entry - same criteria as Best Overall
- Best Corporate Entry - same criteria as Best Overall
- People's Choice - awarded on Saturday evening
The Great Utica Pumpkin Carve is a community pumpkin carving competition with proceeds to support Our Lady of Lourdes Community Outreach Programs in Utica. Funds will help support the Parish Boy Scout Troop, Christmas Assistance Program, Evelyn’s House – support program for single new mothers, Hope House and Thea Bowman.
Here's what you can expect each day of the event:
Thursday, October 6, from 5 - 9 p.m.
- Pumpkin Carving runs from 4 to 8 p.m. on Thursday(Carving demonstrations Friday and Saturday)
- Bounce House
Friday, October 7, from 5 - 10 p.m.
- Carving demonstrations Friday
- Bounce House from 5 - 7 p.m.
- Wine and Beer Tasting from 7-10 (21 and older with separate admission
- Live Music
Saturday, October 8, from Noon - 7 p.m.
- Hay Rides from 1 - 4 p.m.
- Utica Zoomobile
- Bounce House
- Carving demonstrations Saturday
- Chicken Barbecue from 3 - 6 p.m.
Cost is $3.00 per person – maximum $10 per family. The event will be held at Murnane Field at the corner of Burrstone Road and Sunset Avenue in Utica.