Don’t Run? Check Out These 7 Events This Weekend
If you're looking to get out of the house this weekend, but running the Boilermaker isn't exactly your thing, don't fret! There's lots of events going on across Central New York this weekend that require a little less... cardio.
1. Honestly nothing is better than a good weekend spent drinking wine and listening to live music. At the Finger Lakes Wine Festival this weekend, you can do just that. AND if you get a little tipsy, there's even on-site camping!
2.This one may be a little rough if you're lactose intolerant, but man, it's going to be yummy. The Little Falls Cheese Festival is Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Main Street in Little Falls.
3. What's cooler to a kid than sitting in the front seat of a fire truck? At the Johnathan R. Vasiliou Foundation's Touch a Truck event in Queensbury, kids can do just that and much more for just $3. There will be food and photo ops at the event to raise awareness for Sepsis, or blood poisoning.
4. Get your cornhole on at this year's Pig Out Cornhole Tournament in Troy. There's games going on all day Saturday and it's FREE to participate!
5. The Floyd Firemen's Field Days kicks off Friday and goes all weekend long with amusement park rides, concessions, a parade on Saturday, and fireworks on Sunday.
6. Walk, ride or rollerblade with the Assault City Roller Derby team at their Anything That Rolls event, a fundraiser for Access CNY, which supports people with disabilities and mental health diagnoses. They'll have Zumba, ice cream and skating all morning long!
7. Looking for a night out with some great country music? Brothers Osbourne and Austin Jenckes are playing at Turning Stone Sunday night and tickets for the show are still available!