Families Still Need Help After Little Falls Explosion
While the recovery process has begun, families that were displaced by last week's explosion are struggling to get back to normal. As usual in Central New York, the community has been coming together to help, but more is still needed.
According to The Reverend Tamara Razano, Pastor at First Presbyterian Church in Little Falls, seven families were displaced by the explosion and fire, some lost everything. There are still ways that everyone can pitch in to help them out.
They are looking for the following items:
- Women's shirts 2x, pants xl, shoes 7/7.5
- Women's shirts 2x, pants 2x, shoes 9/9.5 wide
- Women's shirts 2x, pants 2x, shoes 11
- Boy's shirts 14/16, pants l/xl (preferably sweats), shoes 5
- Men's shirts m/l, pants 32-38, shoes 9.5 and 10 (for 3 individials, multiple donations of the listed men's sizes are needed)
- Gift cards to Price Chopper and Little Falls restaurants are also welcomed
Contributions can be dropped off at First Presbyterian Church and Little Falls Community Outreach Center. Call Rev Tamara Razzano for more details at (315) 823-3004.
There are also several GoFundMe pages that have been created by families and friends:
Luckily, no lives were lost in this tragic event. Let's help these families get back to their normal routines.