Five Tips for Wearing Your Mask in Summer Heat
I'm not gonna lie. It sucks needing to wear a mask in the heat. I totally, 100%, understand why it's necessary and I still do it anyway. That doesn't mean it's fun.
We know a lot of people who have expressed their concerns about wearing their masks in the summer heat. So, here's a few tips that will make it a little bit more bearable.
Five Tips for Wearing Your Mask This Summer
- The right fabric matters, so make sure you choose the right one. A lighter, breathable material like cotton will keep your face cooler than a mask made of any kind of synthetic material.
- If you plan on taking any trips, use the time of day so it's in your favor. Avoid going out during the hottest part of the day if possible. If you have to be outside, an ice pack or a damp cloth on your neck can help you cool down. Be careful not to get your mask wet!
- For the ladies: skip the makeup. Heat and sweat mixed with makeup and oily skin care products can leave a sticky mess under your mask. According to one dermatologist, just using a product like moisturizer or sunscreen is whats best for your skin.
- Keep your mask dry. If your mask gets damp due to breathing and sweating it can make less effective at filtering particles.
- It's a smart idea to bring a spare. Just to be safe.
Wear your masks! COVID-19 cases in the U.S. have reached 2.1 million as of mid-June, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. More than 117,000 have died due to COVID-19 in the U.S., which has suffered the highest coronavirus death toll in the world.
How to Sew a Face Mask